Waxing is a form of hair removal that removes the entire hair from the hair follicle, unlike shaving or clippers which bluntly cut the hair at the surface.
Coloured scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of stubble on a man’s face. Stubble is a short growth of unshaven hair (blue). The hairs have cleanly-cut ends, produced when they were cut close to the skin during the man’s last shave.
Under a microscope, it is easy to see why shaved hair becomes prickly. Hair that is laid over and cut by a razor end up with a sharp “pointy” edge at the surface of the skin. As the shaved hair grows, the edges remain thick and prickly.
Waxing is Better
Warm wax is applied to the skin and wraps around the hair follicle allowing the hair to be pulled from the root. Because the entire hair is removed, skin is left very smooth & outlasts other forms of hair removal.
Hair grows in cycles: growing, resting and shedding. When you first start waxing, it will last about two to four weeks. If you continue to wax you will also get the hair that was growing underneath the skin at your previous sessions. This can delay regrowth for as much as 6 weeks. Waxing an area frequently over time can also damage the hair follicle, and cause it to stop growing hair.
Avoid the chore of shaving and tweezing with the long lasting benefits of waxing! Choose from a variety of services for weeks of smooth skin!
- Treatments take only 15-30 minutes depending on the area.
- Our licensed technicians are experienced and know how to remove your unwanted hair with very little discomfort.
- Our technicians specialize in waxing to provide exceptional service while creating a comfortable environment for you.
Benefits of Waxing
- Results typically last longer.
- Hair grows back less, lighter, finer—no sharp, unsightly stubble.
- Great before a trip or vacation: no need to pack a razor or worry about having to shave.
- More precise shaping/targeted hair removal in any area.
- When done properly, there is less risk of injury and infection.
- Leaves your skin smooth
- No razor bumps
- No prickly stubble!
Disadvantages of shaving
- It’s easy to cut yourself, even if you are careful, and razor wounds tend to bleed heavily. Of course the wound can also become infected.
- Razors can become easily contaminated with bacteria and viruses, such as staphylococcus, which can cause serious infections which require medical attention.
- You have to do it often, sometimes daily, depending on your lifestyle, the season, and how coarse your hair is.
- Hair grows back quickly, and appears darker and thicker due to the blunt cut of the hair.
- You can get unsightly razor bumps/burn, which is actually an infection of the hair follicle. This infection can get worse and spread.
The Brazilian Wax
Brazilian bikini waxes have been all the rage since the late 90′s, but they’re certainly not new the United States. A Brazilian Wax can be anything from a complete, 100 percent everything off to a more moderate, everything except that little landing strip. Typically a Brazilian Wax takes off the back side hair as well, so you are clean all around.
1. It’s hygienic. Pubic hair retains germs that can cause bad odors.
2. It gives you freedom. No worry about how small or how low you swimsuit can be.
3. It’s sensual. You just feel cleaner and more confident after having a Brazilian wax.
4. It’s cheap, when you consider how long it last and the time and cost of shaving.
5. It doesn’t take long. In only takes about 15-30 minutes depending on the area.
6. The discomfort is not as bad as you may think. Certainly, the first time may be a shocker but becomes more tolerable the more frequent your visits.