You may think it is just easier to shave. Think again. Shaving creates “Hair Spears” that immediatly begin to grow back, thicker, stronger, and Prickly! Don’t be a Cactus. Waxing removes the hair spear by the root leaving smooth, soft skin and the hair takes longer to return.
Disadvantages of Shaving:
- It’s easy to cut yourself, even if you are careful, and razor wounds tend to bleed heavily. Of course the wound can also become infected.
- Razors can become easily contaminated with bacteria and viruses, such as staphylococcus, which can cause serious infections which require medical attention.
- You have to do it often, sometimes daily, depending on your lifestyle, the season, and how coarse your hair is.
- Hair grows back quickly, and appears darker and thicker due to the blunt cut of the hair.
- You can get unsightly razor bumps/burn, which is actually an infection of the hair follicle. This infection can get worse and spread.